South Carolina State Rep. Krystle Matthews is running in the Democrat primary for the U.S. Senate and is in a run-off against Catherine Flemming Bruce today. The winner faces U.S. Senator Tim Scott, a Republican.
In this audio recording of a phone call to a correctional facility Matthews reveals who she really is and does so with very colorful language.
As you listen consider:
- She openly breaks campaign election law with her fund raising request (BTW: Why would a candidate call a prisoner for help raising money? She answers - she wants drug money funneled into her campaign). Surely, someone is going to investigate, right?
- Her language. Someone needs their mouth washed out with soap!
- Her bigoted view of representation. "My black people" . . . Imagine a white candidate saying, "My white people?"
- Broaden that statement just a little, imagine a Republican candidate saying any of this? LOL, it would be the lead story across America and the effort would be made to paint all Republicans as bigoted, election cheating, racists.
- Oh, and Matthews does this on a call to an inmate - kind of dumb since all calls are recorded.
Here's the story with a partial transcript and the recording.